Web safe fonts are the ones which remain common along all versions of Windows, Mac, etc. Basically, these are text styles, which every user (irrespective of the OS) can view. Here’s a set of web safe fonts which you need to use to make your website attractive and user-friendly.
For a website designer, it is very important to know the net safe fonts, which is often safely used. This is because sometimes, users might not be able to view the information in your website as a result of font on it. Choosing the right typeface is essential as it influences the way readers perceive your website. Hence, it is very important to select fonts which are readable, are in tune with the type of your website and most of all appropriate for the greatest quantity of computers.
Serif and Sans Serif fonts are the 2 types of fonts, which is often utilized on most Operating Systems. A number of the web safe and common serif fonts are Times New Roman, Georgia, and Times. However font changer online, the Cambria and Constantia are accessible on Windows Vista alone. One of the sans-serif fonts, Arial, Arial Black, Century Gothic, Trebuchet MS, and Verdana are probably the most compatible fonts.
Most Popular, Safe Web Fonts
• Times New Roman: The most common serif font, and remains the Windows default font. It seems to become a serious and formal font and is dismissed as old-fashioned.
• Arial: It’s one of the very common types if sans serif font and is the default font for Windows too. However, it is apparently plain and dull.
• Verdana: It’s another widely accepted sans serif font, and is among the clearest fonts regarding readability.
• Georgia: This was introduced by Microsoft for online reading, and appears to become a modern and professional font, one which is often combined with most types of websites.
• Comic Sans Serif: That is an informal and friendly font, which resembles the ones used in comics.
While using the fonts in the above list, it is very important to utilize some best practices, including fall back fonts to make sure that users experience exactly the same look and feel. This may also ensure that the fonts are close enough to avoid experiences where the internet site is damaged because of usage of a particular one and its unavailability at the user’s end.